Festsaltlake Stages program at the Rose Wagner
Two weekends of cabaret, dance, and images
January 24 Kinky Beast Cabaret We all have our kinks, right? This evening features the extraordinary artistry, performance, and design of the local kink scene. Allure, fun, fantasy, and a model of expressing what you want and how to get it in a consensual, caring relationship. Sponsored by Utah Leather Pride and Black Garter. All genders and orientations welcome. For newbies, pros, and everyone in-between. Dress in costume or come as you are. Click on this video for a better idea.
Cash bar open 7:30pm • Show 9pm • 21 and over
January 25-26 The Only Two Places in the World
a projection show of work by Paul Christean and John Brandon, Salt Lake natives and friends interested in photography since they went to high school together over 50 years ago. The title refers to the saying that there are only two places in the world—onstage and off. Mr. Christean’s work is gritty street photography, captured with startling precision and objectiveness. Mr. Brandon shoots live dance—movement in performance, totally unposed—that feels spontaneous and personal, like being there. Through some alchemy of opposites, their vastly different approaches and subject matter consolidates into poignant theater.
Jan 25 at 7-11pm • Cash bar • 21 and over • Free
7pm Meet the artists
8pm-10pm Jazz band
Free • All ages
Jan 25 Projection Show loops from 2:30pm to 7:00pm
Jan 26 Projection Show loops noon-9:30pm
Jan 31 and Feb 1 SB Dance’s Sleeping Beauty
CITY WEEKLY BEST OF UTAH 2019
Using minimalist set design and costuming, a dance company would have to rely on an outrageously talented troupe to tell a story with precision and creativity. With SB’s version of Sleeping Beauty, the production could get away with a bare stage and dancers in straitjackets and their interpretation would still be the best one ever. Through an adventurous entanglement of dance and theater, SB’s unconventional fairytale is far from any virtuous version with a clever assemblage of innovative artists. When it returns in January 2020, don’t waste any time getting tickets as they will quickly sell out.
Show 8pm • 60min • All ages teens and up
Who’s Invited? Everyone!
• All genders and orientations welcome
• 21 and over for cabarets shows Jan 24 & 25
• Sleeping Beauty for ages adult to angsty teens. Young uns probably not.
• Jan 24 Kinky Beast Cabaret, door at 7:30pm, show at 9pm (ticketed, cash bar, 21+)
• Jan 25 Reception at 7pm with jazz 8-10pm and cash bar until 11pm (free, 21+)
• Jan 25 Projection Show Open Hours 2:30-7pm (free, all ages)
• Jan 26 Projection Show Open Hours noon to 9:30pm (free, all ages)
• Jan 31 at 8pm, SB Dance’s Sleeping Beauty featuring MiNX (ticketed, all ages teens on)
• Feb 1 at 8pm, SB Dance’s Sleeping Beauty featuring MiNX (ticketed, all ages teens on)
Rose Wagner Blackbox 138 W 300 S SLC
Festsaltlake Stages aims to serve the community by activating downtown Salt Lake during a time of international attention